We’ve partnered with Whole Foods Market to bring you healthy and scrumptious recipes! With Monday Night Football kicking off on September 12th, we have healthy bites for you to enjoy while watching the game!
Creamy Cucumber Dip
1 1/2 cup raw cashews
1 English cucumber, peeled and shredded
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup freshly chopped dill
2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1. Soak cashews with enough water to cover for at least 4 hours. Drain.
2. Place shredded cucumber in a strainer and set aside for at least 15 minutes to drain, then squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible. You should have about 1 1/2 cups packed shredded cucumber.
3. Transfer cucumber to the bowl of a food processor.
4. Add drained cashews, lemon juice, dill and chives and purée until dip is smooth and creamy. Garnish with pine nuts and serve.
Chicken Taco Pizza
1 premade whole wheat pizza crust, thawed if frozen
1/2 cup tomatillo salsa, plus more for serving
1/4 pound part-skim mozzarella, shredded, divided
1 cup no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen yellow corn, thawed
1 frozen boneless, skinless grilled chicken breast, thawed and chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Arrange crust on a pizza stone or large baking sheet. Spread salsa over crust and sprinkle with half of the cheese.
3. Top with beans, corn, chicken and remaining cheese and bake until crust is crisp and cheese is bubbly, about 25 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with cilantro, cut into 8 pieces and serve with more salsa on the side.