Ever heard the saying, “you are what you eat?” It is said that nutrition is the single most important factor contributing to one’s health. In fact, 80% of our health and wellness is based on the foods we put inside our bodies. At Pharm Table, we combine wisdom from Eastern cultures with current science that all support an anti-inflammatory diet as a road map for health and longevity. We often joke that our patrons vote with their forks when they eat with us – voting for their health and the environment!
We have complied a set of mantras to put into practice everyday when we prepare your food, and when we sit down to eat. These mantras reflect the wisdom of ayurveda, macrobitics, Blue Zones research, and guidelines from the Harvard School of Public Health. What you eat is half of the equation, how you eat is the other half. Take time to read our mantras and put them into your daily practive. You WILL see and feel the difference. Cheers to you and your health!
- Breathe and be mindful!
- Eat until you are 80% full. Ideally, maintain a balance of 30/30/30 of food/air/water in your stomach when you eat.
- Avoid acidic foods (too much dairy, animal proteins, sugar, processed foods, coffee).
- Favor alkaline foods, such as citrus and plant-based foods.
- Avoid iced or carbonated drinks. Instead drink room temperature water or hot tea. Cold or carbonated foods slow digestion in the body, which strives to maintain a 98-degree environment.
- Eat probiotic-rich foods (fermented foods), such as kimchi.
- Consume all six flavors at every meal to satisfy and balance your body. These include pungent, sour, sweet, salty, bitter and astringent.
- Sprout and soak your dry ingredients for increased fiber, nutrition, and ease of digestion.
- Create complete amino proteins with plants by combining the right foods.
- Eat plants that are local and honor the seasons, and eat foods that pacify your dosha (body type) and are pacifying to the season/your dosha.